From: Marco Maggesi <maggesi@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] My first ebuild: GNU Hello
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:20:23
1 Hello,
2
3 I am looking for someone to review my first attempt at writing an
4 ebuild. Please look at:
5
6 http://www.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/portage/app-misc/hello/
7
8 I have a question, also: how can I figure out the good values for
9 DEPEND and RDEPEND? (Without reading all the sources, of course).
10
11 My next goal is to write an ebuild for the monotone version control
12 system: http://www.venge.net/monotone/
13 The current version I am working on can be found in:
14
15 http://www.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/portage/dev-util/monotone/
16
17 at the moment I have a problem during compilation. The usual
18 "configure && make" works fine in the root console, but fails in the
19 ebuild. Why? Is it due to the fact that there are different
20 environmental variables (e.g., CFLAGS)
21
22 Thanks,
23
24 -- Marco