From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Behaving productively on the list
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:27:09
1 Andreas K. Huettel:
2 > Am Sonntag, 27. Juli 2014, 14:04:00 schrieb hasufell:
3 >>>> I'm not sure if you realize that you just disabled dynamic deps support
4 >>>> on most of those converted ebuilds.
5 >>>
6 >>> PLEASE, everyone, don't just make statements like the the one above ^ but
7 >>> instead explain what has happened and best bring up a real-world example.
8 >>>
9 >>> "... of those converted ebuilds, because ....!
10 >>> For example, see ... which you just changed as follows: ... This has the
11 >>> consequence that ..."
12 >>>
13 >>> This will hopefully also cut down the pointless chatter "Yes you do. No
14 >>> you dont."
15 >>
16 >> This is getting really silly. It was explained ~5 times in this thread
17 >> and the explanation was linked 2+ times here. Yet no one cares to read
18 >> up on the issue.
19 >
20 > Link to it again. It costs you 10sec at most. You make your point much more
21 > clearly.
22 >
23 > Also, the examples do help.
26 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92053
27 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92055
28 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92043
29 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92138
30 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92259
31
32 I think that's enough for now. And it cost me a few minutes to go
33 through the thread which is what people should do when they respond here.