From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:58:36
1 On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 04:32:33 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:20:18 -0800
5 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
6 > > No offense to anyone, but holding back hundreds of developers and
7 > > thousands of users for a handful of developers
8 >
9 > ...and how exactly are hundreds of developers and thousands of users
10 > being held back? So far as I can see, in cases where anyone really is
11 > being held back, the arch teams are quite happy to prioritise -- the
12 > people who go around moaning about 'slacker archs' rarely if ever
13 > actually have anything holding them back.
14 >
15 > If anyone has any examples of where they really are being held back
16 > and where they really have given the arch teams plenty of time to do
17 > something, I'd like to see them... Somehow I doubt it happens very
18 > often, if at all.
21 No need to talk about 'slacker archs' since we are REALLY talking about
22 a 'slacker arch' called mips. I've given up hope long time ago, leaving
23 ebuilds behind with KEYWORDS="mips" since opening bugs seems useless and
24 maintaining them is too much work (the target of stabilization or
25 keywording changes many times before the bug is finally touched)
26
27 Mainly, talking about categories (yes, categories, no need to mention
28 single ebuilds at this point) xfce-* and media-* here.
29
30 IIRC, paludis has the "imlate" script you can use.
31
32 - drac
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list