From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x11-libs/lib*: wrong RDEPENDs bug
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:43:52
1 On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Rémi Cardona <remi@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > RESOLVED -> WONTFIX
4 >
5 > Others and myself have spent considerable time making those deps the way
6 > they are because :
7 >
8 > 1) upstream packaging is a bit uncommon
9 > 2) ebuild deps don't fit with upstream deps
10 > 3) a few embedded devs told me they wiped /usr/include when making images
11
12 What all this has to do with the fact that they are just build dependencies? Just wondering.
15 > So if you want to fix this properly, a new DEP variable needs to be
16 > cooked up : "add the following deps to ebuilds' DEPEND when those ebuids
17 > DEPEND on this ebuild".
18
19 Other package managers out there have explicit build dependency lists, so, if DEPEND is not really a list of build dependencies, yeah, I agree, we need a list describing "strict" build dependencies.
22 > Until such a variable exist, having the protos in both DEPEND and
23 > RDEPEND is the only _valid_ solution.
24 >
25 > Thanks
26
27 Others here gave opposite opinion by the way.
30 > Rémi
37 Fabio Erculiani
38 http://www.sabayon.org
39 http://www.gentoo.org