From: Matt Tucker <tuck@×××××××××××××.net>
To: Romans Malinovskis <romans@××××.lv>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage config auto-update
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:30:54
1 -- Romans Malinovskis <romans@××××.lv> spake thusly:
2
3 > Everything is great. What about feature to disable "config_automerge"
4 > for particular config file by creating /etc/.foo.conf.do_not_change?
5
6 Not sure why you'd want to, but I know others feel differently about
7 the issue. It's certainly do-able. I prefer to keep the /etc structure
8 clean, so I'd rather have the file under /var/cache/edb/config_protect,
9 but putting it under /etc would make it more accessible to users, which
10 I can see being a good thing.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list