From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:31:56
1 On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:10:30AM +0000, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > Graphical browsers are much more preferable to things like lynx (which doesn't
3 > even handle tables properly, IIRC). Is 4.4 MB really too much for a nice
4 > graphical browser? The docs could probably even get away with saying to use
5 > the Setup->Network options menu item if a proxy is needed.
6
7 ... and again to safe the proxy settings, otherwise it won't last. And this
8 is not a substitute for anything, this is another part to be added to our
9 installation guide which is already quite long.
10
11 I'm really hesitant to increase the documentation size. Ofcourse, if lynx
12 won't be available on the LiveCD, then I have no choice :)
13
14 Wkr,
15 Sven Vermeulen
18 Save some animals, eat a vegetarian.