From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Cc: media-video@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] win32codecs and avi global use flag split being intiated
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:10:41
1 Devs,
2
3 I will be initiating the splitup of the avi global use flag into avi
4 and win32codecs shortly. The reasoning behind this is that the avi USE
5 flag encompases both avifile and win32codecs support. The reasoning
6 behind this is that avifile is cross platform, but win32codecs is not
7 (x86 or amd64 with x86 emulation libraries iirc). That said, it makes
8 no sense to have one USE flag take on both a cross platform and
9 non-cross platform compatible package dep (you can't arch use mask it).
10 Therefore, I ask the following:
11
12 1) All arches please put win32codecs into your appropriate arch use
13 mask. If you'd rather have this as a bug, simply respond and one will
14 be created.
15 2) the following apps:
16 app-misc/evidence
17 media-gfx/pornview
18 media-gfx/swftools
19
20 are not part of the media-video category. My intention is to do all the
21 splits gradually so as not to break too many things and create less of a
22 load on the cvs server. That said, if you DON'T want me touching the
23 above applications, please state so and I will coordinate with you on
24 the split. When I have confirmed that everyone is ready for the split,
25 I will begin it. That's it.
28 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
30 Sound | Video | PPC
31 ChrisWhite @ irc.freenode.net