From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] modular X - 7.0 RC1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:19:41
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > On Thursday 20 October 2005 21:35, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 >
4 >>Too many people using -* (due to auto flags) so that will break for most of
5 >>them.
8 > So we have the three things we should deprecate in a single thread:
9 >
10 > a) no* flags
11 > b) auto flags
12 > c) -* and -<foo> for all architectures in one ebuild.
13 >
14 > How about tackling that now, instead living with the consequences for yet
15 > another unknown while?
18 > Carsten
19
20 All of these are basically hacks around portage deficiences. The
21 portage team knows of them, the portage team is working to make sure
22 they aren't needed in the future. However none of the fixes will be out
23 'soon', so unless you have patches to fix them or suggestions that don't
24 involve code changes, there isn't much that can be done.
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list