From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dev-portage <dev-portage@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Removing obsolete thick Manifest compatibility from MetaManifests
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 13:17:21
1 On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 14:01 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 10/24/19 2:37 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > TL;DR: I'd like to disable thick Manifest support in Portage, in order
8 > > to disable some of the compatibility quirks from MetaManifest format.
9 > > All files would still be verified by gemato.
10 > > WDYT?
13 > I'm using Gentoo Prefix as a Meta Distribution, where I can not use the
14 > Gentoo infrastructure, but have to provide the master services on my own.
15 >
16 > While I've been able to set up rsync & distfiles master ~10 years ago,
17 > where I haven't discovered any docs for so far, I feel lost when I think
18 > of setting up additional master services for gemato without some docs.
19 >
20 > Facing the removal of thick Manifest support (which I don't want to block
21 > in any way), I've started to search for some docs how to set up these
22 > additional master services to support gemato, but failed.
23 >
24 > What I've found is the Infrastructure wiki project, providing a list of
25 > servers maintained by infra, but nothing about how to set them up.
26 >
27 > Did I miss something?
30 gemato has commands to create and update MetaManifests. Also there's
31 (much faster) trivial script in utils/ directory of gemato.
32
33 The relevant infra script is:
34 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/infra/mastermirror-scripts.git/tree/rsync-gen.sh#n243
37 Best regards,