From: Zach Welch <zwelch@g.o>
To: Mark Gordon <×××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cross-compiler - cross compilation to other *nix variants
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:33:50
Mark Gordon wrote:
> Looking in bugzilla I see that people are working on cross-compiling to > Linux on other processors and mingw for Windows. Is anyone looking at > cross-compiling to other unix variants? I'm particularly interested in > targeting AIX and SCO. > >>From a brief look, I think the method would be: > 1) Copy the libraries and headers from the target OS into appropriate > directories on the host. Possibly an ebuild that tells you how to create > suitable tarballs on the target, like the Sun-java ebuild tells you to > download the tarball? > > 2) Build cross versions of binutils & gcc using the cross ebuilds > currently under development. > > If this sounds about right, I should be able to steal the odd hour of > company time here and there to work on it, now that my desktop in the > office runs Gentoo.
For those that would like to follow the cross-compiling efforts, visit the following URLs, or come hunt us down on in #gentoo-arm or #gentoo-embedded. We'll be looking to find experienced cross-compiler testers soon, so stay tuned. Cheers, Zach Welch Gentoo ARM Developer Superlucidity Services -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list