From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stabilizing libraries without testing reverse deps
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 19:52:07
1 hasufell wrote:
2 > No bump is better than a shitty bump imo.
3
4 I agree, but I think the problem is basically that many people
5 consider it impossible for "newer" to ever be shitty.
6
7 Even if they are intimately familiar with the details of a package
8 upstream they may still not be capable of determining what is shitty
9 in the context of a distribution.
10
11 I guess most stabilization requesters as well as actual stabilizers
12 are even less familiar with upstream details, so determining what is
13 shitty and not is really hard.. :\
16 //Peter