From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bash-completion-2.1-r1
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:59:58
1 On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:43:53AM +0000, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Indeed. The general gentoo policy is that "trivial" files such as bash-
5 > > completions, systemd unit files, etc, aren't to be install-controlled via
6 > > USE flags
7 >
8 > Then why is bash-completion still a global USE-flag?
9 > Those few cases where it has a different effect than installing
10 > a single file can still use a local flag - are there even such
11 > cases at all?
12 >
13 > How is it with USE=zsh-completion?
14 > This is a completely analogous situation.
15 >
16 > Should both USE-flags be deprecated as global flags?
19 Yes, except for the cases you point out, which if they exist would be covered by
20 a local flag, with a desc explaining how it affects the package.
23 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)