From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: About herds and their non-existant use
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:20:08
1 On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:07:41 +0200
2 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Santiago M. Mola wrote:
5 >
6 > > On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Tiziano Müller
7 > > <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
8 > >> Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
9 > >>> While we're changing things around, perhaps we can then also
10 > >>> standardize the mail alias to team@g.o.
11 > >>> What Marius is saying though is that there are two files that
12 > >>> handle people and their herds. One XML for saying who is in a
13 > >>> herd and one for each herd mail alias on woodpecker with a list
14 > >>> of developer email prefixes.
15 > >>
16 > >> Which could be generated out of the XML file, right?
17 > >>
18 > >
19 > > It could, but it would be nice to preserve a method for allowing
20 > > lurkers on aliases.
21 >
22 > I'm sure something like this should be possible:
23 >
24 > ### AUTOGENERATED PART, DO NOT EDIT ###
25 > ...
26 > ### AUTOGENERATED END ###
27 >
28 > ### Add additional aliases here:
29 > ...
30
31 When you want to generate mail aliases from an XML file I'm quite sure
32 you could list lurkers in the XML file by tagging them somehow
33 (attribute or different element name). The main thing is to have one
34 authorative location.
35
36 Marius
37 --