From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Migrate away from python-2 or not
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:32:10
1 Il giorno dom 24 nov 2019 alle ore 13:20 Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> ha
2 scritto:
7 > Given the python-2 countdown deadline being 2020-01-01, a month away,
8 > shall we get rid of python-2?
9 >
10 > yes please as much as possible.
11 In my experience most server instances can live without py2 at all (after
12 clang 9).
13 In desktop world thare are very few, but important packages that still
14 require it.
15 The Gimp being one prominent example
20 > If the answer is yes, we will need to decide on the following
21 > python-2-only packages.
22 >
23 > ,----
24 > | $ comm -23 <(equery -qC h python_targets_python2_7 | sort ) <(equery -qC
25 > h python_targets_python3_6 | sort)
26 > | dev-lang/yasm-1.3.0
27 > | dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1
28 > | dev-python/backports-functools-lru-cache-1.5
29 > | dev-python/enum34-1.1.6-r1
30 > | dev-python/functools32-3.2.3
31 > | dev-python/futures-3.2.0
32 > | dev-python/pygobject-2.28.6-r55
33 > | dev-python/pygtk-2.24.0-r4
34 > | dev-python/subprocess32-3.2.7
35 > | dev-util/boost-build-1.70.0
36 > | dev-vcs/subversion-1.12.2
37 > | gnome-base/libglade-2.6.4-r2
38 > | net-analyzer/nmap-7.70
39 > | sys-devel/clang-8.0.1
40 > | x11-wm/xpra-2.4.3
42 >
43 "As much as possible" IMHO exclude at least yasm, libxslt and nmap
48 > If the answer is no, to avoid holding back new versions having only
49 > python3, such as bug 671796 for dev-python/matplotlib bump, old versions
50 > with python_targets_python2_7 and new versions without should be
51 > co-installable into different SLOTs.
54 whatever your (gentoo dev) choice I wish you good luck