From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Weekly News Letter - "Where is Gentoo Linux 1.4"
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:55:03
1 On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:43:36AM -0700, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > According to policy, an ebuild is marked stable for a platfrom if and
3 > only if recent history (~1 month) shows no new bugs open for it, and all
4 > previously opened bugs having been resolved. That gives us a good
5 > indication (assuming, of course, that users use our bug tracker -- and
6 > surely gentoo-stats and gentoo-stable websites will start to grow an
7 > increasing role in this respect) that the package works reasonably well
8 > for the majority of users.
9
10 Though this all sounds very reasonable - could you point me to the
11 place in the policy documentation where I can find this (especially the
12 time estimate)?
13
14 Just wondering,
15