From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-sources and kernel 2.4.21
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:59:27
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:28:21 +0200
2 Sebastian Bergmann <sb@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Seemant Kulleen wrote:
5 > > Yes, when it's ready.
6 >
7 > I know that, and it's the same answer I usually give when people ask
8 > about the next version of one of the Open Source projects I'm involved
9 > in.
10 >
11 > I didn't mean to be rude, just asked for an estimate.
14 I can't answer for the kernel team, but seeing as 2.4.21 only came out hours ago at this point, they'll need time to check the patches, test the patches, test the patched kernels, etc etc, so I'd give it a few days. If you want vanilla sources, they're already in portage.
18 Seemant Kulleen
19 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
20 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
23 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E