From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: USE=qa-test
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 05:05:29
1 On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:36:47 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 13:13:31 Duncan wrote:
5
6 > > The proposal then
7 > > was to turn FEATURES=test on by default for a specific EAPI,
8
9 > ... which is never more than a proposal by people not fixing the packages.
10 > Just FYI, building gnome in a chroot I hit 9 test-failures out of ~150
11 > packages. That quota of failure is roughly stable all across the tree, so
12 > unless someone starts fixing the ~1000 failures it's just not viable.
13
14 Yeah, this is why I want FEATURES=test turned on for dev profiles. By the
15 sheer number of packages that fail, it's obvious that most devs don't enable
16 it. I know that some people will still disable it again, but I'm hoping it
17 will at least raise the visibility of these problems.
18
19 I try to file bugs for packages that fail, especially at gcc-porting time
20 since we rely on testsuites to detect miscompiled code or other problems. So
21 a failure-free tree is something I'd like to work towards, even if it is a
22 pipe dream.
26 fonts, Character is what you are in the dark.
27 gcc-porting,
28 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662