From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kernel Sources on the DISTFILES mirrors
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:33:24
1 You know about the local mirror type in /etc/portage/mirrors right?
2 Well, that file could probably be used by you in many ways. Check it out.
3
4 --Iggy
5
6 Carlos Silva wrote:
7
8 >Hi guys,
9 >since the change of the eclass kernel-2 to make it use the subversion
10 >kernel patches that we no longer keep the kernel sources on our mirrors
11 >and they are downloaded from the kernel.org mirrors. What happends is
12 >that alot of people, including me, have traffic limits imposed by the
13 >IPS's. In my case, i have 4GB international traffic limit. In the most
14 >cases, the PT kernel.org mirror isn't "selected" as the mirror to
15 >download the kernel when we try to download a new kernel version so i
16 >end up making international traffic, thing that didn't happend when we
17 >had the sources on the mirrors. Besides that, in the case the of PT
18 >kernel.org mirror, it is very slow compared to some good distfiles
19 >mirrors we have here.
20 >So what i want to know is what you guys think if we get the kernel
21 >sources back in the mirrors.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list