From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Working Group established to evaluate the stable tree
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 08:53:14
1 El lun, 15-08-2016 a las 15:01 -0500, William Hubbs escribió:
2 > [...]
3 >  This works unless you are talking about packages in @system.
4 > I do see core packages on these arches also languish in ~ for months
5 > with open stable requests.
6 >
7 > The only way to handle one of those would be to remove the old
8 > version
9 > and let their deptree break until they catch up.
10 >
11 > William
14 But, anyway, I would still put a timeout for allowing us to go ahead
15 and stabilize, otherwise we have the huge risk of having the users of
16 that arches facing a broken deptree for weeks/months until that teams
17 are able to stabilize the packages (and they needing to *manually*
18 keyword new versions of the packages... and hence needing to move
19 exactly to the same versions we (maintainer) could have stabilized
20 after the 90 days period)