From: monkey <monkey@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding the sandbox, or ...
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:55:53
1 On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 12:29:08AM -0500, thus spake Matthew Kennedy:
2 > Other issues asside, generally it's better to modify the build process
3 > than to disable the sandbox. This might involve reading through Makefile
4 > or Makefile.in for the software in question.
5
6 First of all, thanks to all who replied to my original question, thanks
7 again for all the pointers to documentation and appropriate manpages, and
8 thanks for the generated discussion. Through all of this I was able to
9 determine that my sandbox issue had to do with the fact that I had not
10 included ${D} in front of all of my entries in the "make install" process.
11 Once that was done, all went smoothly. Thanks once again for all of the
12 help! Now it's oin to trying to get dsniff and fragroute ebuilds done.
13 Anybody want to help?
14
15 geoffrey
16 --