From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: switching default udev provider for new systems to udev
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:38:34
1 On 8/11/20 11:36 AM, Jaco Kroon wrote:
2 > And I've already provided you one use case where udev doesn't work well
3 > but eudev does.  I've also mentioned some historic issues I believe
4 > should already be fixed but which did bit me in systemd-udev which was
5 > never a problem in eudev.
6 >
7 Your systems seem to diverge a lot from what I'd consider as 'default'.
8 You must already make many changes to them.
9
10 Before this thread I didn't even know/remember I was using eudev. It
11 works and there doesn't seem to be any global issues related to it.
12 However after reading this thread I'm a bit considered about the
13 maintenance state of it.
14
15 Switched to udev. Simple as 'emerge -1 sys-fs/udev'. It works, didn't
16 notice any difference.
17
18 If musl is a problem, to my knowledge musl has its own stage images, so
19 why can't those stages use eudev while other ones defaulting to udev?
20
21 -- juippis