From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:27:02
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 05:50:39PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > actually, going with say 'testing.mask' instead of '?arch' may be better ...
3 > reinforce the fact that this is a package-level issue rather than
4 > arch-specific
5
6 Let me get things straight. We would want this because it's the least of
7 two evils?
8
9 On one hand ?arch isn't nice because it's package-level instead of
10 arch-specific, so it doesn't belong among keywords.
11 On the other hand testing.mask (if it's like package.mask) takes this
12 (package-level) stuff and moves it out of the ebuilds it belongs to and
13 dumps it all in one file.
14
15 So we'd want this because we don't want to introduce something new in
16 the ebuilds?
17
18 Just getting things straight before expressing my opinion explicitly =]
19
20 Maurice.
21
22 --