From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] earch, latest version tool
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:06:56
1 On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:59:02 +0200 Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o> wrote:
2 | I'd like some feedback about a little tool I've whipped up, which
3 | checks the last stable/unstable ebuild per arch.
4 |
5 | Running it in snort's directory, for example, yields this result:
6 | snort-2.0.6: sparc
7 | snort-2.1.2:
8 | snort-2.1.3: x86
9 | snort-2.2.0: ~amd64 ~x86 ~ppc ~sparc -alpha
10
11 It gets kinda icky if stable has a newer version than unstable...
12
13 app-vim/align
14 align-23: ~mips
15 align-26: ~x86 ~alpha
16 align-27: ~ia64
17 align-28: ~amd64 x86 ~ppc sparc mips ia64 alpha
18
19 I think eshowkw's output format is clearer in that situation:
20
21 | a a a h i m p p pa s s s x xb xb
22 | l m r p a i p p pc 3 h p 8 8s 8s
23 | p d m p 6 p c c co 9 a 6 6d 6d
24 | h 6 a 4 s 6 -s 0 r - -
25 | a 4 4 m c o f
27 23 | + + ~ ~ + +
28 26 | ~ ~ + ~ + ~
29 27 | + ~ + ~ + +
33 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
34 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
35 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm