From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilization of netifrc-0.2.2, "extra testers wanted"
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:27:56
1 Samuli Suominen posted on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 23:08:38 +0300 as excerpted:
2
3 > Extra testers requested for netifrc-0.2.2 stabilization, also, if you
4 > know a reason this shouldn't go stable, like regression from 0.1, speak
5 > up now.
6 >
7 > See, http://bugs.gentoo.org/507070
8 >
9 > (I'm purposely special casing this package over others like this.)
10
11 FWIW, I have/had been running both netifrc-9999 and openrc-9999, along
12 with udev-init-scripts-26-r2. However I quite recently switched to
13 systemd for booting, so while they're still installed, I'm only using
14 trivial bits of openrc now, and perhaps (?) non of netifrc, tho I guess
15 I'm still using udev-init-scripts.
16
17 I've seen no problems related to those packages here, either before or
18 after I switched to systemd, save for the file-collisions that are the
19 reason both netif and udev-init-scripts must stabilize together (as in
20 the bug but not mentioned in your post.)
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman