From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: lzma tarball usage
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:33:48
1 On Thursday 08 May 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Additionally to follow myself up, I believe one of the security
3 > issues was execution of arbitrary data either when untarred or just
4 > decompressed (assuming a  specially crafted lzma file).
5
6 Can you please point me to the location where this is mentioned. I read
7 through the lzma git log, and I all I could find was data corruption
8 (which usually is not a security issue) and the mention of the
9 word "security" inside the announcement.
10
11 Thanks,
12 Robert