From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:42:18
1 On 9/7/12 6:03 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Why the dev community only? We have many active contributors who aren't
3 > devs and who work hard with ebuilds. It's *their* time which will be
4 > wasted on rewriting dependencies into new form, not yours.
5
6 Should those contributors also vote? Do they have any formal status? Do
7 we have established procedures for that case?
8
9 By the way, for everyone else, there is a forums thread about this topic
10 here:
11 <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-935812-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html>
12
13 I guess the contributors follow gentoo-dev, so they at least can voice
14 their concerns, if any.
15
16 Also, requiring a rewrite of all existing ebuilds doesn't sound like a
17 good idea. I think this should be designed not to require a rewrite, and
18 then the concern about wasted time disappears.