From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Defining S= from ebuild phase, src_unpack() ?
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:41:51
1 Quoting PMS, Chapter 8:
2
3 "All ebuild-defined variables discussed in this chapter must be defined
4 independently of any system, profile or tree dependent data, and must
5 not vary depending upon the ebuild phase."
6
7 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/pms.git;a=blob_plain;f=ebuild-vars.tex;hb=HEAD
11 This is very inconvinent rule for example, github tarballs where the
12 directory changes with every release. I've used this:
13
14 src_unpack() {
15 unpack ${A}
16 cd *-${PN}-*
17 S=`pwd`
18 }
19
20 In $PORTDIR/sys-fs/udisks-glue/udisks-glue-1.2.0.ebuild to get S=
21 defined as:
22
23 fernandotcl-udisks-glue-f9b4839
24
25 Where "f9b4839" changes...
28 Far as I know, S= isn't used to generate metadata cache, so it's PMS
29 that need fixing for it's wording:
30
31 "All ebuild-defined variables used to generate metadata cache, discussed
32 in this chapter..."