From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestions for /etc/profile
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:09:47
1 On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 18:32, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > Just a few suggestions.
5 >
6 > 1- add '-i' aliases. I think its better to have to specify -f to force than
7 > to have to remember -i to ask before removing something.
10 Could work. Only thing is that we dont want to clutter
11 /etc/profile. Rather if we are going to do this, rather put
12 a default .bashrc and .bash_profile in /etc/skel that contains
13 this. The inputrc issue can also be solved this way
14 by adding '[ -z $INPUTRC ] && export INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc' to
15 .bashrc or .bash_profile.
18 Greetings,
22 Martin Schlemmer
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
24 Cape Town, South Africa