From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "gnome@g.o" <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Wondering if a news item is needed for NM update
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:23:17
1 Hello
2
3 We are wondering if a news item will be needed for people updating to
4 latest networkmanager to remember them that they will need to
5 reconfigure their networks *after* NM is updated. We currently show this
6 messages in ebuild itself:
7 ewarn "Ifnet plugin is now disabled because of it being unattended"
8 ewarn "and unmaintained for a long time, leading to some unfixed bugs"
9 ewarn "and new problems appearing. We will now use upstream 'keyfile'"
10 ewarn "plugin."
11 ewarn "Because of this, you will likely need to reconfigure some of"
12 ewarn "your networks. To do this you can rely on Gnome control center,"
13 ewarn "nm-connection-editor or nmtui tools for example once updated"
14 ewarn "NetworkManager version is installed."
15
16 What do you think? :/
17
18 Thanks