From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some 'proper coding' notes for ebuilds
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 15:40:31
1 On Sunday 03 August 2003 17:10, Mamoru KOMACHI wrote:
2 > Anyhow, some of the ebuilds seem to use epatch without 'inherit
3 > eutils' (and I guess they will fail to compile properly). I counted
4 > that sort of ebuild using small sh script and it says 332 ebuilds use
5 > epatch without declairing 'inherit eutlis' ;-( Well, I included both
6 > stable and unstable ebuilds, but at least for stable we need to write
7 > 'inherit epatch' at this moment.
8
9 I didn't go through the list, but there are also eclasses that inherit eutils,
10 and so provide epatch in an ebuild without it inheriting eutils.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Researcher