From: Juergen Ilse <juergen@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenAFS ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:47:44
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:14:58PM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4
5 [ OpenAFS problem ]
6
7 > Ok, I've located the problem. I found that /usr/include/linux is no
8 > longer a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/linux, so the stuff in
9 > /usr/include/linux no longer reflects my current kernel.
10 > Which package installs /usr/include/linux (linux-source)?
11
12 I think, it is glibc. AFAIK suggested Linus some time ago to use the
13 kernel-includes from a "known good" kernel instead of the current
14 kernel-source for compiling generic linux-programs, so the link
15 was replaced with a directory containing the header from such a
16 kernel-source-tree ...
17
18 > If so I think openafs should depend on that package since it doesn't
19 > compile otherwise.
20
21 Wouldn't it be better to use a compiler-flag like "-I/usr/src/linux/include"
22 instead? That would lead to "using kernel headers from current kernel source"
23 instead of the kernel-headers from the glibc installation ...
24
25 ciao,
26 Juergen Ilse (ilse@××××××.de)
27 --
28 Wenn ich auch nur aus jedem 1000. Bug in einem M$ Produkt|Juergen Ilse
29 einen Tag trauern wollte, also da muesste ich 300 Jahre |Internet POP Hannover
30 alt werden und wuerde mehrere Dutzend schwarze Anzuege |Vahrenwalder Str. 205
31 aufbrauchen. (Detlef Bosau in dcoulm) |30165 Hannover