From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Remove your modular X unmask
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:42:42
1 Donnie Berkholz posted <4447BA3F.50103@g.o>, excerpted below, on
2 Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:43:43 -0700:
3
4 > Duncan wrote:
5 >> Is it worth posting bugs on these yet? Gentoo or upstream? Any tracker
6 >> bug to point me at? (I have the binpkgs so can remerge them for
7 >> additional testing with little trouble, if necessary.)
8 >
9 > Yes, and they are most likely upstream bugs. Two things to do before
10 > posting a bug:
11 > 1) Make sure you're using drivers known to be compatible with 1.0.99.
12 > 2) Check out your X log for errors.
13 > 3) For the RandR bugs, see whether running xrandr allows you to change
14 > resolutions, and make sure your XKB is working (setxkbmap -print).
15
16 Thanks. 1. Done (I noted the posted warning and heeded it). 2. Done
17 (I'd attach it upstream, as I don't claim to understand it all, myself).
18 3. XKB, check. Have to try xrandr.
19
20 My setup is probably uncommon enough now, what with 8 gig memory,
21 SMP amd64, and dual 1600x1200 monitors in merged framebuffer, that the bug
22 info could be quite useful, so I should get filin'! =8^)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
28 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list