From: Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:06:18
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm currently developping a patch for user.eclass, but I'm
4 banging my head against a wall...
5
6 So for testing first, I've setup an overlay, and I now that
7 it is taken in account by portage (If I rename portage's
8 user.eclass, emerge is still working. If I remove my
9 overlay, emerge complains about missing user eclass. So my
10 overlay is actually working)
11 I've modified enewgroup and egetent for example and put some
12 einfo and also modified some other stuffs to be sure that
13 I'm entering the function....
14
15 Then emerge sys-power/nut, I can see the pkg-setup traces,
16 just after the call to enewgroup... but still cannot see my
17 eclass modifications!
18 I tried to modify directly the
19 /usr/portage/eclass/user.eclass file, but still the same
20 issue...
21 I'm totally puzzled about this point! I'm most likely
22 missing a stupid point somewhere...
23
24 Anyone knows what could be the problem? Please let me know
25 what traces/info you need and I will post them.
26
27 Thank you!