From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-dns/dnssec-root: Blind stable on arm, critical bug 667774
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:45:55
1 October 11, 2018 5:10 PM, "Thomas Deutschmann" <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Let me quote
4 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f6f6bb91b7f134a121ef9fa1dd504b9ca52c5aa8:
5 >
6 >> net-dns/dnssec-root: Blind stable on arm, critical bug 667774
7 >>
8 >> Note that this is a major fail for a stable architecture.
9 >> In addition, all arm devboxes are currently offline.
10 >>
11 >> Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/667774
12 >> Signed-off-by: Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@g.o>
13 >> Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.49, Repoman-2.3.11
14 >
15 > ...and now let's all sit down and enjoy how stable ARM users lose access
16 > to the Internet and have to figure out how to deactivate DNSSEC to get
17 > back online. ;]
18 >
19 > Maybe it is time to destabilize ARM on Gentoo to stop the impression
20 > that we really support ARM.
21
22 What's a "blind stable"? I'm guessing stabilizing without testing? If yes, why?
23 I'm almost happy I dont use dnssec for once.
24
25 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera