From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package moves as repocopies
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 19:02:03
1 On Saturday 02 July 2005 02:49 pm, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:35:01PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Although this would require a request to someone with shell access to
4 > > the CVS box, it would preserve all the history of the moved packages.
5 > > The loss of history is (IMO) the _primary_ problem of moving packages.
6 >
7 > I'd like to address this item separately.
8 >
9 > The history is NEVER lost in a package move in the current fashion.
10 > It's just split into multiple locations - it's a bit harder to look
11 > back through it, but it isn't lost in any way.
12
13 umm, that is until someone thinks it's a good idea to delete old stuff
14
15 case in point, wtf is app-games in gentoo-x86 ? we split all the games
16 packages into games-* categories but we lost all the history because
17 app-games is now gone
18 -mike
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list