From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] council manifesto for ferringb
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:31:57
On 6/24/10 3:42 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
> Simplest example, I want the git migration plan finished- since robin > was overloaded and no one was doing it, I chipped in the work I could > do (optimization of the conversion so it wasn't a full day outage).
I respect your work on this, and really hope the git migration will go just great. However, I'm wondering why we're delaying the migration to minimize the outage instead of doing the migration earlier? I'd rather have git soon with longer, but acceptable outage, than in the future, with a very small outage. On the other hand, I'm not familiar with the technical side and possibly other reasons that may prevent us from "closing the tree" for a long period of time. Paweł

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] council manifesto for ferringb Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>