From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:37:53
1 On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 11:49:05AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:05:52 +0100
3 > Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > One issue is that any valid character is allowed in WPAPSK,
5 > > > including ;
6 > >
7 > > Good point, but excluding newline, right? I can't try it, but rt2500's
8 > > own settings file format does not allow for newline in WPAPSK.
9 >
10 > No it doesn't, but the actual specification for IEEE 802.11 allows ANY
11 > character in SSID and keys - newlines, tabs, ;, etc.
12
13 Okay, thanks for the info. The only easy alternative I can think of is
14 using printf "%b", but IIRC printf is not universally supported yet, so
15 yeah, eval is probably the only thing that will offer all the needed
16 options. I still hope you can get some decent sanity checks for it.
17
18 > Just because the rt2500 proprietary config doesn't allow it doesn't
19 > mean we shouldn't either.
20
21 Proprietary?