From: David Bakody <david@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Installation and URIs
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:28:09
1 Hmmm. Yeah, I think the default is wget... but I'm not positive. I
2 should do a default install just so I know the answer to that and can
3 learn it for future reference. Incidently, prozilla absolutely rocks!
4
5 You might want to try emerging prozilla and then continuing with your
6 build and/or bootstrap of Gentoo. If you don't know how to setup for
7 using prozilla, I can give yo a step x step. It's fairly easy.
8
9 Although I had some issues with prozilla not
10 honoring the mirrors in the order of my preference, it does *seem* to eventually
11 use whatever you are pointing to in GENTOO_MIRRORS (in
12 your /etc/globals.conf file) by default when none of the other mirrors
13 work.
14
15 Keep in mind though, you're getting some feedback from a newbie
16 Gentooie, so anything I say or do here can and probably will be used
17 against me. ;-)