From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:49:48
1 > 2) Continued presence of forcefully retired devs It really baffles me that
2 > some developers are forcefully retired for anti-social behavior, but are
3 > not consequently banned from the places where they display this behavior,
4 > such as our MLs and IRC channels. What good is it to retire developers,
5 > but allow them to continue to be disruptive? I would like the Council to
6 > decide for a change in our policy on this point.
7
8 It could be a good precedent without being policy, or dependent upon the reason for being forcibly removed perhaps. It is quite possible for someone to find another way to contribute without having developer status, a necessary role that they find to be their niche. Bonsaikitten is one such person, he was forcibly retired about 2 years ago but is a positive contributor via Gentoo ops.
11 Kind regards,
12 Christina Fullam
13 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations