From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Directory services (was Re: [gentoo-dev] maybe it is time to put portage queries into a database.)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:39:00
1 On Friday 27 June 2003 16:58, Zack Gilburd wrote:
2 >
3 > I /tried/ using LDAP as my authentication for pam a while back, in hopes of
4 > having a nice, network-wide, roaming profile. However, such hopes were
5 > quickly shattered once I got authentication going even locally. My login
6 > attempts would take /quite/ a while and it was very inefficient. I would
7 > rather see a MySQL database.
8
9 For that you need a good setup AND, you need to run nscd. That makes things a
10 LOT faster.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze