From: Martin Cooper <mac@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Livecds
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:53:28
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Jeff Jeter" <gsfgf@××××××××.net>
3 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
4 Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 12:41 AM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Livecds
8 > I manually copied the necessary deps since merge samba w/ ROOT pointing to
9 the livecd dir needed almoast the entire system package as deps. Too much,
10 imo.
11 > I copied the required files (only 2) and burned the cd.
12 >
13 > # pci-setup
14 > # net-setup eth0
15 > # smbd -D; nmbd -D
16 > no samba. no errors, but no shares accessable to the outside world, and
17 no smbd or nmbd listed w/ ps -aux.
18 >
19 > Tips?
20 >
21 The only thing I can suggest is to ensure that the /etc/passwd file and
22 /etc/group file is accessable, other than that, you will need to run the
23 programs individually and check the log files. I would try this for smbd :-
24
25 smbd -i -d 10 -l . &
26
27 This will cause smbd to run in the forground (so you can tell eisier when it
28 exits), print maximum debug output to the log file, and create the file
29 log.smbd in the current directory. Use the same options for nmbd, and check
30 the file log.nmbd afterwards. These logs are usually pretty good with
31 samba, and should give you an idea of the problem.
32
33 Martin
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list