From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Mass last-riting of x86-but-not-amd64 packages
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:20:41
1 On Sat, 2019-08-31 at 13:14 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 1:04 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > sys-fs/hfsplusutils
4 >
5 > Your script should probably check for other keywords as well. This
6 > package is almost entirely for use on ppc/ppc64 machines. For whatever
7 > reason it has an x86 keyword as well, so the lack of an amd64 keyword
8 > doesn't indicate that it should be removed.
11 I've already removed it from the list, along with other packages that
12 have revdeps.
13
14 However, I don't think that's a really good argument. Many ancient
15 packages have x86 and ppc keywords which doesn't make them any less
16 dead.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny