From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 06:42:51
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 05:15:03 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:12:40 +0200
3 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2016, 02:32:41 schrieb Peter Stuge:
6 > >
7 > > >
8 > > > I would personally be super happy to have my overlay hosted at Gentoo -
9 > > >
10 > >
11 > > So what precisely is keeping you from that?
12 > >
13 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Overlays/Overlays_guide
14 >
15 > Don't encourage people to create more work for me when we have GitHub!
16
17 Github is propietary and I don't see why someone have a right to
18 enforce its usage on people.
19
20 If someone want to use github — go ahead, but if not — in no way
21 you can force people to do that (e.g. by refusing to create on
22 overlay, or review patch on bugzilla, or whatever).
23
24 Best regards,
25 Andrew Savchenko