From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin-dated-1014155832.1b9f28@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Overhaul of media-gfx/nvidia
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:02:53
1 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> 3. nvidia-kernel now creates necessary device nodes.
4 >
5 > Using devfs, I never had a problem with device nodes.
6
7 Right. This was pointed out by Daniel, and this step is excluded from
8 the default setup. The nvidia-kernel package provides a script to
9 create the devices for users who don't use devfs.
10
11 >> 4. nvidia-kernel now installs aliases.
12 >>
13 >> The small downside of the new layout is that the user needs to add a
14 >> modules path to the Files section in XF86Config.
15 >
16 > Gentoo linux always did have the nodes. Have a look at:
17 >
18 > /etc/modules.d/aliases
19
20 I didn't notice the NVIDIA stuff tehre. Thanks for pointing this out.
21 The package installs /etc/modules.d/nvidia. We should, probably, move
22 all the nvidia-driver specific entries from /etc/modules.d/modules
23 into /etc/modues.d/nvidia.
24 --
25 Arcady Genkin
26 Don't read everything you believe.