From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] I'm "frilled" to present to you, a new Gentoo developer
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:27:20
1 ... which brings the German Conspiracy at 38. His nick is "frilled", but in
2 real life you'll call him "Giesen, Wolf Giesen". Shaken, not stirred. And
3 you'll call him that in the IT department of "Aschendorff Medien", publisher
4 of the "Westfälische Nachrichten", whatever that is.
5
6 You're probably all wondering what he's good at. He likes animals, so might
7 make a good nanny for jforman's goats. And if klieber trained them well
8 during the holidays, frilled will not need a dog to shepHerd them. Which is
9 good, actually, 'cause he isn't all that fond of dogs anyway. Sorry beandog,
10 no cookies for you.
11
12 He's good in languages too. German and English are two of them, C is another
13 good one. More evil languages he speaks are C++, Perl, PHP and ba(sh) not to
14 speak of the Sum of All Fears, Java. But programming isn't really his thing.
15
16 No, he's better in speaking in public if I may interprete "Public Relations"
17 as such. Another journalist - we will all watch more security related
18 articles in the GWN. If not, we'll drop Larry on him. Another animal he
19 likes. Makes me wonder if the feeling is mutual.
20
21 Oh, in Gentoo, he's going to work in the Security Team, so jaervosz has
22 finally found himself another pet slave. Sorry Koon, you'll have to share
23 Sune now. Will he show some tricks from the Ruhrgebiet, or rather from his
24 current location - Münster?
25
26 As you all might have guessed, he mentioned his first computer (TRS-80) in
27 his introduction, but I wasn't impressed. The older their computer, the
28 older their mind. Look paps, no hands!
29
30 Anyway, he loves books and movies too - as well as a good beer. If you ever
31 find the time, come over to Belgium and I'll show you what *real* beers are
32 like.
33
34 You get a good 'old welcome from me, Wolf. Welcome.
35
36 Wkr,
37 Sven Vermeulen
40 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org