From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 05:16:19
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > - - Packages requiring the headers have to DEPEND on them directly,
4 > because DEPENDs don't cascade. (Although this brings to mind the concept
5 > of some sort of cascadable DEPEND.)
6
7 I remember some sort of BDEPEND idea being proposed awhile back, but
8 that was for something different I believe. I wouldn't mind the ability
9 to say that DEPENDing on x at build-time requires y during the build
10 process, especially if more packages follow X's header structure.
13 Joshua Baergen
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list