From: Brian Josefsen <josefsen@×××××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Samba upgrade is a bit weird.....
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:30:28
1 Hello, i just upgraded samba a couple of days ago, then after seeing the
2 new layout where /etc/smb is now /etc/samba i copied the smb.conf after
3 skimming the example smb.conf, no new features so i deceded to use the old
4 conf file.
5
6 This server acts as a domain controller so i added some more users when i
7 no longer could keep them of my back, but apparently these new users would
8 have no access to the domain and i restarted the service, (with the new
9 samba init script replacement for the smb init script) no luck here, after
10 9 gallons of coffee and about 70 cigarettes later i do an killall -9 nmbd
11 restarted the service again, and my oh my it worked....
12
13 I was just curies whether it is the samba team or the abuild maintainer who
14 made the shift from smb to samba and then why since no new options is
15 availibly in the config why it doesn't copy the old config to the new conf.
16 dir, and why the heck did i need to kill the nmbd by hand.
19 Have a nice weekend all....
25 Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
26 Brian Josefsen