From: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS +
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:12:45
I kind of agree with both points here. :) Let me explain...

If the RCx releases would use updated packages that are in the stable tree
(ie. glibc 2.3.1, gcc 3.2.2, etc) I think people like Per, Nicholas, and
myself would be a bit happier building and testing older systems. :)

If they are in the stable tree why not? Could this be done in the rc4 release?

Another keyword like BUILD_ACCEPT_KEYWORDS = x86 would probably satisfy those
with the urge to be super on edge :) and could probably be done with min.
effort in changes to the scripts to look for another keyword. Yes? No? maybe?
Should I add it to the "bug" report?

-- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list