From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Needs ideas: Upcoming circular dependency: expat <> CMake
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 00:19:15
1 On 12/18/19 4:02 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Hi all,
5 > I noticed that dev-util/cmake depends on dev-libs/expat and that
6 > libexpat upstream (where I'm involved) is in the process of
7 > dropping GNU Autotools altogether in favor of CMake in the near future,
8 > potentially the next release (without any known target release date).
9 >> ...
10 >
11 > Do you have any ideas how to avoid a bad circular dependency issue for
12 > our users in the future? Are you aware of similar problems and
13 > solutions from the past?
14
15 Keep autotools?