From: gentoo-user@××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can't download ix86.iso
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 07:26:46
1 On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Tommy McDaniel wrote:
4 > 21:40:13 (2.72 B/s) - Read error at byte 2620/16744448
5 > (Connection timed out). Retrying.
6 >
7 > Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
8
9 > Notice that one time I managed to get a whole whopping
10 > 2K or so. Most of the time I had to kill the program
11 > with Ctrl-C and try again, when it became apparent
12 > that either nothing was ever going to transfer or if
13 > it did magically start one day/year it was going to be
14 > transferring until I was 146 years old, give or take a
15 > century. One time I left it for a little over 15
16 > minutes I believe without a single bit transferring.
17 > Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks for the
18 > help.
21 To me it seems, your connection sucks. This can be either your connection
22 to your ISP or your ISP's connection to the internet. It looks like there
23 is a problem getting packages to you and keeping the connection running.
24
25 Do you have the same kinds of problems with other sites too?
26
27 Good luck,
28 Paul
29
30 ps. As the rest of us can easilly get gentoo, I don't think there is a
31 problem at ibiblio.
32
33 pps. In case you have a cable modem, make sure your nic is configured half
34 duplex as most cable modems don't accept full duplex connections. (nic =
35 network interface card)
38 ___
39 /~~~\ | Paul de Vrieze
40 | O-O | | Student of information management and technology
41 | _ | | Mail: Paul@××××××××.net
42 \___/ | Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net